I joined the LOOK & LEARN MAKE-UP SEMINAR of FANNY SERRANO by NATASHA last July 21, 2010. I learned a lot of MAKE-UP TIPS from the guru himself FANNY SERRANO. Armed with my Lumix lx3 camera, pen and notebook I wrote all the TIPS and “trade secret” FANNY SERRANO shared and took pictures as well.
For me as a Make-up Artist wannabe I try to absorb and gather all the tips I can get to improve my “craft.” And of all the new things I learned I want to spread and share them with you.
Tools I saw FANNY SERRANO used and he said you must have are:
- candy, mint, bubble gum
- hand sanitizer
- facial tissue
- wet ones
- cotton buds
- johnsons baby oil
- water gun
- head band
- gown (like malong for client that will use tube top gown to cover their neck with make-up as well)
- brush set
- sponge (Fanny uses SEA WEED sponge)
MIX MAKE-UP TIPS I gathered from FANNY SERRANO.
- Practice, practice, practice – Fanny Serrano when he was just starting he shared that he used to practice in a piece of paper stick on the wall and he draw eyes, eyebrows and nose then imagine that it is the face of the client. Make-up artist are like painters but their canvass are faces.
- Exercise your hands – to make it flexible, light and soft. Like pianist they warm their fingers up to make it flexible and soft.
- Hand Sanitizer – alcohol can make your hands dry according to Fanny. Before he always use alcohol to clean his hands as a result it’s dry and looks older than the other skin of his body.
- Know your client – you must also know a little about your client her lifestyle and the way she presents herself so that your make-up will compliment her perfectly.
- SPEED – respect your clients time. They have parties, shows, and weddings to attend to. Compute the time allowance you do the make-up and the time your client suppose to arrive to the party or wedding.
- Blending – make-up is all about blending. Different colors must not have any demarkation line. Color should compliment each other.
- BRUSHES – invest on good quality brush set
- CONTOUR – contour using foundation NOT blush
- CLEAN – clean foundation remnants brush eyebrows before drawing with the eyebrow pencil. Make sure brushes are always clean.
- TEST – try the eyeshadow at the back of your palm first. Painter use palette to mix paint color MUA use the back of their palm.
- Put concealer and foundation up until hair line, ears, neck and side of nose
- Use old angled brush to put mascarra to the base of the eyelash
- If eyes get teary use cotton buds to release the tears.
- After putting on eyebrow pencil brush it to eliminate pencil look
- Sharpen eyebrow pencil shaped like chisel so that it’s thin and wider
- Use colorless mascarra to stroke eyebrow hair
- In putting make-up start small and then just add bit by bit. It is better to add than erase a make-up.
- Learn and find a great concealer and foundation that will fit you or your client perfectly. Eyeshadows go for any color
- Put eyeliner starting from the outer corner of eyelid
- Put gloss at the center of lips only
- Focus on cheek bones to lift sagging looking face.
FANNY SERRANO “MAGNET” CONCEALER is WATER PROOF He sprays water after putting on concealer and cake foundation to have a fresh looking face. (see my post review on FANNY SERRANO CONCEALER HERE)
Did you find this post useful? Thank me by buying me coffee!
Enjoy this post? Subscribe now!
11 Comments to “Make-up TIPS from FANNY SERRANO”
Leave a comment
Royale Beauty Products
Check out my Beauty Catalogue (salon tested & salon approved hair products)Beauty Catalogue!