Women as well as Men are susceptible to STRETCH MARKS.
What is STRETCH MARKS?
Stretch marks or striae (singular stria), as they are called in dermatology, are a form of scarring on the skin with an off-color hue. They are caused by tearing of the dermis, and over time can diminish but not disappear completely.
Stretch marks are often the result of the rapid stretching of the skin associated with rapid growth (common in puberty) or weight gain (e.g. pregnancy or muscle building) or in some cases, severe pulling force on skin that overcomes the dermis‘ elasticity. Stretch marks may also be influenced by hormonal changes associated with puberty, pregnancy, muscle building, hormone replacement therapy for transsexuals, etc. Medical terminology for these kinds of markings includes striae atrophicae, vergetures, stria distensae, striae cutis distensae, striae gravidarum (in cases where it is caused by pregnancy), lineae atrophicae, striae distensae, linea albicante, or simply striae. (Source: WIKIPEDIA)
Here are TIPS I got from my iPHONE apps how to REDUCE STRETCH MARKS
- Cocoa Butter Lotion (for pregnant patients)- This is for preventive measures, massage cocoa butter into abdomen area before stretch marks appear or even after they are present to diminish it.
- Vitamin E oil – before rubbing oil into skin be sure to use a loofah or skin brush on the area during showering.
- Trilastin – a new stretch mark cream in the market which promises to get rid of stretch marks
- Foods high in Vitamin A, E and C can also be beneficial. If you feel you do not ge enough from your food intake, take supplements to meet your daily requirements. For Pregnant women, avoid too much Vitamin A.
- Foods high in Zinc and Silica can also be great for the skin
- Beets, brown rice, bell peppers, soybeans, leafy vegetables and whole grains are great dietary additions
- Foods rich with essential fatty acids (vegetables, vegetable oils and fish oils) are also helpful to minimize and preventing the appearance of stretch marks. They help with skin elasticity and collagen growth and can leave your body glowing.
- You also need to see a doctor because they can help you learn how to use treatments to eliminate and start fading stretch marks with out plastic surgery.
I hope you learned something from this post. This is a post answering to the post suggestion of JENJACQS.