Where can you find AFFORDABLE BRANDED FASHION? I find them in GARAGE SALE some call it PRE-LOVED items sale. Let’s admit it ladies sometimes we splurge on things or outfits we do not wear often. Look at your closet I bet you can pin point a great deal of dresses, blouses, shirts, skirts, pants etc that you haven’t worn this year.
GARAGE SALE vs UKAY-UKAY
I also admit it I buy a lot of my unique clothing in my “suking” class A: UKAY-UKAY where I can splurge freely on AFFORDABLE BRANDED FASHION. But in UKAY-UKAY you don’t know where the clothes came from or who owned it before. On the other hand with GARAGE SALE you get to know the previous owners of the clothes and even share stories on how, where and the times that outfit was worn. A friend of mine told me it’s better to buy in GARAGE SALE because good karma or positive attitude from the seller also goes into his/her clothing and if you buy it some of it get’s pass on to you. But the tricky part is, finding a GARAGE SALE because it is not routinely done.
Where to find GARAGE SALE?
It is found thorough word of mouth open that radar girls to find GARAGE SALES. Often friends do it so check out their FACEBOOK status or photos for information about it. They also advertise in community billboards. Right now?? a GARAGE SALE is in action here at CITIFRONT LODGE, RD BLDG. PIONEER AVE. (fronting BDO, Pioneer) GEN. SANTOS CITY. I’ve been doing my GARAGE SALE ever since May. I gathered all my cloths as well as my families and put it in the vacant space of our building. Proceeds of my GARAGE SALE all goes to the schooling of my housemaid’s four kids. An Update: I already sent the four of them to school last June complete with uniforms and school supplies, thanks to my buyers.
My high school classmates decided to gather their pre-loved BRANDED CLOTHS and join in my GARAGE SALE. It’s also funny because we are checking out each others collections and resulted to exchange buying.
Here’s one of the item I bought from my friend’s cloths through our GARAGE SALE.
Who said you can’t put art into your nails? must have been from a secluded mountains of no where (hehehehe). This is one of the FAB things to do to your nails now a days. Put art or express your artistic nature in your nails. There are sticker NAIL ART available in the market but where’s the fun in that? right? NAIL ART should be a unique experience and a unique expression of your personality. Plus sticker NAIL ART can cause weakness and breakage of nails.
Here are some of the sample NAIL ARTS. Available at ENVY ME SALON & SPA at ROBINSONS PLACE GENSAN. You can personalize the style of the NAIL ART and talk with the manicurist what you want to achieve.
Women especially the ones who do make-up everyday knows the importance of a long and curled lashes for an over all pretty look. Our lashes makes our eyes look good. If our lashes are long and properly curled you can go without eyeshadow and it gives a seductive look.
The average life span of our eyelashes is 150 days but with constant rubbing and eyelash curling with eyelash curlers can cause it to fall and regenerate new ones.
One of the services that salons are offering right now is the EYELASH PERMING.
So, What is EYELASH PERMING?
Eyelash perming is a process done to the eyelash that will give it a curled look for 2 months or so depending on how you manage it. Say goodbye to that eyelash curlers one you’ve experience eyelash perming. A perfectly curled lashes all day and all night long. This process looks very great for some women who are blessed with long lashes but it also works well for those with shorter lashes too.
The process takes at least an hour or so. The idea is just like the idea when perming our hair. So, 1st process is to put in perming lotion then the little rod to the lashes and it will stay for a bout 30 minutes then a 2nd process with neutralizer to hold that curl for another 30 minutes.
How much is EYELASH PERMING? P300 pesos only.
TIPS and FACTS:
- If planning to have an EYELASH PERMING do not put on mascara
- through out the process all you have to do is lay down and close your eyes heck! you can even sleep. When you wake up wala! perfectly curled lashes
- this can save you time from your daily make-up routine.
- the EYELASH curl will last for a month or two depending on how you take care of it.
- If the permed lash will fall out, they are replaced by straight lashes and the effect of perming disappears.
- rubbing the lashes frequently can cause it to fall
- not removing your eye make up before going to bed can cause damage to your lashes thus, they break or fall.
- trauma this is cause by accidentally ripping your lashes out or worse get it burned.
- poor diet can also cause hair thinning and eventually hair loss including eyelashes
- it is best to have your eyelash permed by trained professionals
In Gensan, Marbel, Davao, Cagayan de Oro, Iligan and Tagum this is available at:
ENVY ME SALONS are located at:
Robinsons Place General Santos City tel # (083) 554-2134
fronting NCCC Mall Matina Davao City tel # (082) 297-3459
Gaisano South Citimall Illustre Street Davao City tel # (082) 305-9318
HAIRS & NAILS SALONS are located at:
2nd level KCC Mall of GENSAN tel # (083) 301-4822
3rd floor KCC Mall of Marbel tel # (083) 228-9048
Tionko Bldg. Duterte Street (fronting Shakeys) Davao City tel # (082) 305-3401 or 225-0698
Gaisano Grand Tagum City
and Gaisano Mall of Iligan tel # (063) 221-9883
Gaisano Mall Cagayan de oro City
I’m going to share my NIGHTLY BEAUTY RITUAL. And the products I use and the reason why I love them.
I use Maybelline Make Up Remover. I love this product because it takes away my heaviest make-up easily. No awful odor and the oiliness is just right for the make-up to slip away. I just need a small amount and wala! off the make up goes.
After removing my make-up I wash my face with my favorite and only product that will not cause pimples to my face- PONDS FACIAL WASH. I use clear solutions anti-bacterial facial scrub. I love the tiny beads that acts as the scrub. It leaves my face clean and white.
After that I use PONDS oil solution pore conditioning TONER. I recently use toner because I can see even after the make-up remover and the facial wash some dirt and make-up are still left behind. Although it has a biting feeling it does not leave my face too dry and haven’t cause any pimples for me.
After all that the most important part is my MOISTURIZER. I’m using CELETEQUE Facial moisturizer. I love the cool feeling of it in my face. It is water base so it’s not yucky oily. The moisturizer easily sips into my skin. I love the smooth feeling after I put it on.
Then off to dream land.
That’s my nightly ritual. It also varies because some days I don’t put on make-up. Some days I also don’t use toner I just proceed to the moisturizer. One thing I learn recently moisturize, moisturize and moisturize. Find the perfect moisturizer for you it will give WONDERS to your skin. And Oh! i recently bought GARNIER Brightening Eye Roll-On I added it to my nightly ritual let’s see if it will do wonders to my black under eyes.
I’m going to share to you very useful applications I have in my iPhone. This is for all the kikay’s out there.
AMAZING TIPS 4200
This Application has a wide array of TIPS from Health and Diet, Relationships, Beauty, Culture and Travel. I found these tips very useful and have also used some of it in my previous posts.
TOP BEAUTY TIPS
This Application gives practical TIPS mostly in Skin care, Make-ups and a little bit in Nails and Hairs. These application gives me new knowledge in make-up and skin tips.
I Stylist Make-Over 2.0
This Application lets you do a make-over of yourself. You just have to choose a photo and you can change hair styles, hair color, hair cut and even add hats and shades. I use it if i want to see if a certain look or hairstyle will fit me well.
iSTYLE Fashion on the go
I love this application mainly because I love dressing up. If I’m too lazy to do a dress up session with myself all I do is play with this application. I also use this to find certain things that I may use or I should have in my closet.
I use this application to record all my existing make-up. This is useful when I happen to do un planned make-up shopping because I have a record of make-up’s I still have and not buy the same product.
I use to play this in my laptop. And now I have it on mobile. Every time I get bored or do nothing I play this game.
Same goes for this application I used to play it before in my laptop and now I can play it more conveniently. Although this is just a game this gives me a new insight in how to improve our Salon and Spa business.
I hope I can find more applications with tips in beauty and make-up. But so far I’m enjoying these applications. Give them a try.
Gensan Gazer is the newest magazine here in General Santos City. The magazine promotes the beauty, food, travel destination not only here in Gensan but also the nearby Provinces like Sultan Kudarat, Saranganni and South Cotabato. The magazine is not an ordinary advertising tabloid it contains informative articles about travel, lifestyle and trades. It is published by Armanikolas Publishing and printed by Gregoria printing press monthly. And guess what it is distributed FREE. The magazine is the brillant work of art of my friend and fellow blogger ARMANDO NIKOLAS.
I contribute to this magazine every month with my sissy Romarie in our column named: “Fashion & Beauty BACK to BACK“. In our column we talk about fashion, make-up, night outs and events here in Gensan with highlights on the celebrities we get to meet. We’ve done 3 columns already and so far so good. Here are some of the articles we’ve done.
Catch the GENSAN GAZER E-MAGAZINE, HERE.
Click HERE for E-Mag full March issue
Click HERE for E-Mag full April-May issue
Click HERE for E-Mag Full June Issue
Recently I came across a TIP from my iphone application about make-up CONCEALERS.
Here are some of them:
- For a natural look, apply CONCEALER after you’ve applied foundation. This way you don’t end up applying too much, since your foundation will cover most of the discolorations first.
- To get a perfect match every time, mix a drop of your foundation into your CONCEALER before applying
- Apply a touch of loose powder into your CONCEALER before applying it. This will keep it from creasing later in the day. You’ll find you’ll also need less product.
- For dark blue under eyes circles, make sure your CONCEALER is on the peach side, to calm down blue tones.
- For gray under eye circles, make sure your CONCEALER is on the pink side, to calm down gray.
- Too creamy CONCEALER? apply it with the tips of your fingers so that the heat of your hand melts the product
- Double darkness under your eyes? do a double application, take your CONCEALER and apply lightly, then a layer of foundation, then a layer of concealer on top of that.
- Press with kleenex to press out extra oils of the the CONCEALER and then put powder.
Here’s my before and after look using my MAC CONCEALER and MAYBELLINE MINERAL FOUNDATION. I use tip #3 I apply a touch of MAYBELLINE MINERAL FOUNDATION into my MAC CONCEALER before I apply it.
Love your Face,
I just recently started using moisturizer because of my brother, Buddy. It was then I realize it’s importance. I started researching about it and gathered some tips.
What is a “good” MOISTURIZER?
- It’s a product that will do anything from gently adding moisture you’ve achieved, to helping your skin produce more moisture — and which type you choose should be based on your skin’s individual needs
TIPS and FACTS about MOISTURIZER….
- Never underestimate the power of MOISTURIZER
- Whether your skin is dry, normal, or even oily, if you can afford one skin care product, experts say, invest your money in MOISTURIZER.
- Sometimes, all you need is a good MOISTURIZER and a mild cleanser, and you can take years off your face.
- If you’re in your 20′s or 30′s expert say, MOISTURIZER will give you some of the protection you need to keep skin from prematurely aging.
- If you have dry skin look for MOISTURIZER that contains alpha hydroxy acids.
- Put on MOISTURIZER when your skin is damp, and it locks in all water.
- oil is not MOISTURIZER
MOISTURIZER in the market
- Neutrogena Adavnced Solutions Daily Moisturizer
- Anew Advanced All in One Cream by Avon
- AmLactin XL
- Aveeno with Colloidal Oatmeal
- Vanicream Light
- Neutrogena Oil-Free Moisturizer
- Cetaphil Moisturizer
- Celeteque Facial Moisturizer (I use this product, I like it because its water-based and oil free)
- Neutrogena Moisture
- Cetaphil Moisturizer
This are just the products I saw here locally in Gen. Santos City. I will update this post if I see more MOISTURIZER product out there.
What is HAIR REBONDING?
It is a chemical process done to the hair breaking the bond of the hair shaft and re-bonding it again to change the shape of the bond of the hair shaft therefore changing the state of the hair. It permanently makes the hair straight, manageable, silky, smooth and shinny. Once hair experience HAIR REBONDING this will last until the rest of the hairs life.
Is HAIR REBONDING harmfu to the hair?
NO, hair rebonding is not harmful to the hair. Here’s a trivia about hair – hair is actually a dead protein made of keratin, so literally our hair is dead, that’s why it does not hurt when we cut it. If hairstylist are well trained about HAIR REBONDING and do the right process results are 100% guaranteed straight, shinny silky and manageable hair.
HAIR REBONDING vs HAIR RELAX
- the newest way to safely straighten the hair
- leaves hair silky, smooth, shinny and manageable
- do not contain LYE chemical
- longer process
- not harmful to the scalp
- old way of straightening hair
- contains LYE chemical
- quick and one process only
- leaves hair straight but not smooth and silky hair appears stiff and has rough texture
- if chemicals touch the scalp it is very harmful and can cause burns
- very cheap
How long does HAIR REBONDING last?
Once your hair has gone through hair rebonding process it stays that way for the rest of the hairs life. Reviews say that rebonding are done every 6 months because hair growth reach to 3 inches by that time, the average hair growth per month is .492 inches. The review about rebonding every six months is not TRUE because how can a stylist rebond a hair with 3 inches long only. Hair rebonding for new hair growth is done ONCE A YEAR, where in hair growth reach to up to 6 inches already.
HAIR REBONDING process…. I will explain the process in a not so technical way so that salon clients and soon to be clients will know if the process being done to them is right.
- Shampoo hair and dry 100%
- Divide into quadrant, and apply HAIR REBONDING cream #1
- Leave for 25-30 minutes depending on your hairs state
- Rinse thoroughly, towel dry and spray PPT to protect hair from hair iron
- Iron hair in paper thin using ceramic and ionic hair iron (important that stylist know how to iron hair properly if not this will cause hair breakage)
- After ironing apply HAIR REBONDING cream #2, leave to neutralize for 10-15 minutes
- Rinse thoroughly, apply conditioner towel dry and blow dry
DO’s and DON’Ts in HAIR REBONDING
- moisturize hair by purchasing hair maintenance
- do hair treatment at least once a month
- ask you stylist for maintenance advice
- enjoy your new silky, smooth and straight hair
- do not wet hair for at least 3 days
- do not use hair clips hair grips etc.
- do not tack your hair in your ears
- do not color (permanent) hair for at least two weeks
- don’t go swimming to beaches and pools after rebonding process
- don’t forget you HAIR TREATMENT and HAIR MAINTENANCE
TIPS: Invest in your hair it is not called a crowning glory for nothing. Services are meant to be expensive because stylist continually train themselves with new ways and techniques to better serve and deliver great quality service.
- HAIRS & NAILS SALON & SPA branches (Gen. Santos City, Marbel City, Davao City and soon Tagum City)
- ENVY ME SALON & SPA (Gen. Santos, Davao City and Robinsons Galleria )
- EXPRESSION SALON (Cagayan de oro City & Iligan City)
For affordable DIY Hair Rebonding maintenance check out my online beauty store: WHITE ANGEL BEAUTY SUPPLY
Have you ever heard of CARROT SOAP? or CARROT HEALTH SOAP?
Me and my whole family are using it. We’ve been using it for 3 years already. This product is locally made here in the Philippines specifically in Mindanao but I attest to it’s quality base on my own experience.
I have a very sensitive skin. As years of FAILED experience and experiments taught me and my mom because of the allergies and rashes I got from trying all sorts of products. I easily get rashes and can’t stop scratching thus, resulting to infections and dark spots. I can’t use products that are not tested by my derma.
I tried CARROT SOAP one day because it was in our comfort room my mom and dad where the ones who first tried it. I was amazed of the result I felt after I used it. I felt my skin firmer and whiter the moment I dried my skin with my towel. To my surprise also it didn’t cause me any rashes or allergies. It was then that I read the details from it’s box (hehehehehe). It was not just an ordinary soap it is a HEALTH SOAP. And as indicated in the directions it can also cure dandruff if used as shampoo regularly. I don’t have dandruff so I can’t attest to this one.
Its very good for PIMPLES I do have it every time my monthly visitor (menstruation) arrives. I tried rubbing a portion of the soap to my PIMPLES and left it overnight and in the morning my PIMPLES dried up. And every-time I have rashes I also do the same it suppresses the itchiness.
I have friends who have tried this soap also and after a month their skin really lightened up. This is the soap that maintains my fair skin completion because I do not use glutathione products. To my surprise men also used it like my brothers, my dad and my boyfriend.
CARROT SOAP Formulation
Each 100g Contains
C40 H56 0.4
Organic Additives 0.3
Soap Base q.s.
It is DTI approved and Registered Industrial Design Intellectual Property Office (IPO)
A TIP this soap really leaves my skin dry that’s why I always see to it I moisturize my skin and face fairly well.
This product is available at:
- HAIRS & NAILS SALON & SPA branches (Gen. Santos City, Marbel City, Davao City and soon Tagum City)
- ENVY ME SALON & SPA (Gen. Santos and Davao City)
- EXPRESSION SALON (Cagayan de oro City & Iligan City)
All of us needs to have a KIKAY KIT. My kikay kit is always ready (I’m a GIRL SCOUT, laging HANDA!!) I always have small travels every now and then (parang anong travel naman yan?? hmp! DVO-GEN lang nga eh!! hehehehe)
So, let me share what’s inside my KIKAY KIT. I have two kikay kits one for TOILETRIES and one for MAKE-UP.
For the toiletries:
- HEAD & SHOULDERS SHAMPOO – I bought a smaller container and then I just refill it.
- PALMOLIVE CONDITIONER - I bought conditioner in sachet for practicality.
- LACTACYD FEMININE WASH – Ladies we do need this. Again I bought one with a smaller container.
- JOHNSON’S MILK BATH – I prefer to bring soap in liquid form because soaps in bars tend to be messy.
- TOOTH BRUSH & TOOTH PASTE – I have a sensitive gums and my dentist recommended this toothpaste GUMTECT. Again, its very practical to buy toiletries that are in smaller packages.
- LOOFAH - since my soap is in liquid foam I always bring with me my lofa.
- NIVEA LOTION – I love this brand because it doesn’t feel sticky and it also has whitening
- NIVEA DEODORANT – I prefer stick deodorants
- OFF LOTION – to keep mosquitos away!!!
- PONDS TONER
- CELETEQUE FACIAL MOISTURIZER
- PONDS FACIAL WASH (forgot to include it in my photos OPS!!)
- VICTORIA SECRET PERFUME (from my best friend, SHARIROSE!! lapit na maubos BESS!!! hahahaha *wink*)
So, that’s my TOILETRIES. a TIP buy toiletries that are in smaller container or sachet it’s very light to carry and very practical. You will only stay for at least a day or two MAX so pack light.
My MAKE-UP KIT
- 3w SOLUTION B.B CREAM – my make-up base I love it because it has SPF and it doesn’t feel heavy.
- MAC CONCEALER – to hide my eyebags
- MAYBELLINE MINERAL FOUNDATION – my newest LOVE
- BODY SHOP BLUSH BRUSH – since my skin gets irritated by the brush that goes with the mineral foundation now I use my blush brush both for my foundation and blush. I love it’s super SMOOTH bristles .
- MAYBELLINE MINERAL BLUSH – i love this new found blush
- ETUDE HOUSE HIGHLIGHTER
- MAC BLACK EYELINER
- MAYBELLINE WATER SHINE LIPSTICK
- EYELASH CURLER
- LOREAL MASCARA
- ETUDE HOUSE MAKE-UP FIXER
- MAYBELLINE MAKE-UP REMOVER
So, that’s it a LOOK INSIDE the KIKAY kit of KIKAY MUCH!!!
Let me sing a song “All my bags are packed, I’m ready to go, I’m standing here outside the door, I hate to wake you up to say goodbye” hehehehehe
OXYGEN HAIR TREATMENT
OXYGEN HAIR TREATMENT works both ways it repairs from the inside out.
MINERAL REVITALIZING HAIR MASQUE or ENERGY BOTANICAL TREATMENT
Protein rebond green tea oil spray
By constant hair ironing and blow-drying our hair losses it’s OXYGEN CONTENT.
Believe it or not our hairs composition has OXYGEN and lower oxygen in our hair means a DRY HAIR.
“Elements, on average, hair is composed of 50.65% carbon, 20.85% oxygen, 17.14% nitrogen, 6.36% hydrogen, and 5.0% sulfur. Hair also contains trace amounts of magnesium, arsenic, iron, chromium and other metals and minerals.”
Oxygen HAIR Treatment has 2 different sub-treatments that will cater to different need of your hair.
- OXYGEN MASK – Energy Botanical Treatment is a vitamin rich cream that seals in moisture, color while providing instant conditioning. Restores resiliency, manageability, and shine even to damaged hair with natural seaweeds vitamin, antioxidants and refresh the hair cuticle and cortex. This treats the hair INSIDE OUT repairing damages from the cortex to the cuticle layers. With this procedure the stylist will mix the VIAL and the ENERGY CREAM and then apply this to your hair section by section.Then will leave it 10-15 minutes, rinse then blow dry, iron or style the hair.
Recommended for colored, permed hair, and brittle or over treated hair.
- OXYGEN POWER PROTEIN - Hair care with cys and P.P.T. compositions. Reconstruct the hair chain and become strengthened. This treatment will only include the VIAL and will restore and treat your hair from the INSIDE repairing bonds that were broken from previous chemical process. With this treatment the stylist will section you hair then put in the vials and leave it for 20 minutes, then rinse, blow dry or iron and style.
Best for chemically treated hair: Rebonded, Relax and Straightened
Hairs and Nails also sells the Protein Rebond Green Tea oil SPRAY you can use this at home after you take a bath before drying your hair spray a fair amount of this to the ends of your hair to protect your hair for the days pollutants and harsh weather conditions.
LOVE YOUR HAIR,
I am going to share to you my knowledge about HAIR TREATMENTS- PROFESSIONAL hair treatment that is. I hope I can help you in choosing what treatment to ask the next time you visit one of our salons.
There are a lot of HAIR TREATMENTS in the market right now. And SALONS also offer a lot of different kinds of hair treatment. Here are the truths of HAIR TREATMENTS as my years of experience managing a salon and years and years of attending and doing HAIR SEMINARS taught me.
As I have said in my previous post-MIX TIPS it is advisable or better to seek a professional hair treatment once in a while. If you have extra budget once a month hair treatment will do.
Take NOTE: hair treatments are good for your hair and are advised by professionals for at least once a month. You can never OVER DO a hair treatment the more hair treatment you do the more it strengthens and repairs you hair.
There are two kinds of HAIR TREATMENT:
One kind concentrates on smoothing and repairing the OUTER LAYER of the hair, which is the CUTICLE layer of the hair shalf. In this kind of treatments you can feel the difference of your hair right after the treatment. It usually smells good and some treatments have a minty feeling.
The other kind is that it penetrates to the INNER LAYER of the hair shalf to the CORTEX and repairing damages that were cause by previous chemical process.
Lets discuss the TOP HAIR TREATMENTS being offered by leading SALONS.
- HOT OIL – a deep conditioning hair treatment smoothing the outer layer of you hair. Some have aromatherapy, some have coconut extracts, some are specifically for colored hair, some also are for relaxed and straightened hair. Usually done with hair steamers.
- HAIR SPA – also a treatment for outer layer of the hair and focuses on the scalp, this kind of treatment usually are aromatic in nature to give a relaxing feel for the client.
- POWER DOSE (LOREAL) or treatments that comes in a VIAL – these kinds of treatments are the once who sip inside the hair and repairing it from the inside. This treatment you can’t feel the difference of the hair because it works from the inside.
- HAIR CELLOPHANE – This treatment uses henna wax (this are not the once used in TATOOS!!) it shines and covers the outer layer of the hair and with this kind of treatment you can choose a color that will temporarily be in your hair approximately a month or so. Usually this treatment (if you have experienced it before) leaves your hair bleeding the next day when you shower. This treatment coats the hair and makes it VERY VERY shinny and a light color reflect will appear when you are directly hit my sunlight.
- HAIR DETOX- it detoxifies and scrape away scums that build up in your hair from the pollutants and shampoo or gel residue left behind. This treatment involves two process: First, is the scraping away of the scums and excess build ups in your hair. And second, is the treatment replacing the necessary moisture that was loss.
- OXYGEN TREATMENT - I will dedicate one POST for this so that I can explain this treatment further.
So, that’s it I hope I gave you enough knowledge of the different kinds of Hair Treatments.
Here is the SERVICE MENU for HAIRS & NAILS for you to have an idea of the price range. Contact them at GENSAN BRANCH: (083) 301-4822; 0932728114
(click image for bigger view)
LOVE YOUR HAIR,
Here are tips I gathered from anywhere everywhere and my iphone APS!!
- Drinking plenty of water with lemon or cranberry juice will pump your skin and adds glow (hmmmmm ma try ko nga ito, kayo din)
- Don’t get a pedicure if you have any cuts or infections, don’t risk further irritating or self infecting yourself!! (TRUE let the cut heal muna ha!!)
- Don’t hesitate to leave a spa if it’s not CLEAN! (TAMA!! paano naman ang hygiene??)
- To avoid breaking your nails, do not file your nails just after you have washed your hands. (ako, I DO NOT file!!! ngilngig kaayo oi!!!)
- Acne is a sign that something is wrong with the body, and unless you do something about it now you may get other health problems later in life. (hala!! I didn’t know this go na sa DERMA!! go go)
- Make sure to get a professional and deep conditioning hair treatment once in a while: RESULTS GUARANTEED!! (eto suggestion go to HAIRS & NAILS SALON or ENVY ME SALON, hehehehehe nag plug ako noh??)
- Vitamin C is an antioxidant stimulating your skin’s production of collagen and elastin fibers, making it frimer and more elastic (note to myself: don’t forget to take your VIT. C daming naka stock sa medicine cabinet mo oh!!!)
- To prevent split ends, give your hair a break once in a while and let it just dry naturally. (TAMA!! blowdrying and ironing everyday can cause split ends give your hair a rest din naman!)
- Get gorgeous lashes all day by heating up an eyelash curler with a blow dryer, then carefully crimp your lashes twice, in the middle then near the end (na try ko na ito CAUTION lang careful kasi un nga medyo mainit ung eyelash curler avoid ma touch sa skin maka paso!! hehehehehe)
- Avoid rubbing hair with a towel, as this creates split ends and frizziness. (dry your hair na prang naga dry ka ng laundry hehehehe wag i rub)
- Mineral makeup is the safest because it adheres to the natural oils in a person’s skin and doesn’t seep into the pores. (kaya nga mag try na ako ng mineral make-up i bought maybelline mineral kahapon, hehehehehe)
- Spray your hairbrush with perfume so your hair will smell great all day long! (ma try ko nga din ito hehehehe )
- Thick, coarse hair that does not need additional volume can benefit from using a PADDLE BRUSH because it can create a smooth look and style. (ako I have thick hair and I’m using a PADDLE BRUSH sarap sa scalp and mabilis ako matapos mag brush ng hair)
- To avoid infections, bring your own tools to the salon. (this is true may regular customer kami sa HAIRS & NAILS na naga dala din talaga sya)
Did you learn something?? I learned a lot let’s LEARN together wohhhooooo. More tips to come.
TIPS brought to you by: AMAZING TIPS 4200 (iphone APPS)
Our hair is our crowning glory and it’s very important that we know how to take good care of it. In maintaining the gloriousness of our hair we should first and foremost know how to shampoo our hair properly. I will try my best to impart to you my knowledge in this field.
Shampooing our hair is very important because it cleanse the hair and scalp by removing dirt, grease, skin scale and sweat. Shampooing involves rubbing the head with shampoo and water and massaging the scalp. In shampooing you do not need to pour in a lot of shampoo. You must also see to it you put the shampoo in the palm of your hands and not DIRECTLY to your scalp because this can cause uneven distribution of shampoo and can result to hair fall.
So, wet your hair thoroughly and pour a small amount of shampoo in the palm of your hands spread it all over your hair and scalp evenly. Now in massaging your scalp with claw your fingers and use a circular motion and be sure not to miss any part. Note: keep your nails smoothly filed because sharp fingernails can scratch or tear the skin.
Did you know that massaging the scalp everyday helps in the growth of your hair? So, for a longer hair fast massage your scalp everyday.
There are a lot of shampoo products in the market. If you are using a kind of shampoo that causes dandruff go change it and find the perfect product that fits your hair type. Take time to get to know and read labels of shampoos because there are different types of shampoo made for different hair problems.
Conditioners protect your hair from all the harsh elements out there. It moisturize, smoothed and reduce hair tangling.
A tip for you shampoos are for the scalp and conditioners are for your hair. The tip of our hair are the oldest and is the driest part. Concentrate on putting conditioner to the tip part because it is where it is most needed. It can also lead to dandruff if you leave on conditioner in your scalp and not rinse it properly. For me, I leave my conditioner for at least a good five minutes so that the moisturizing effect of the conditioner can sip into the cuticle layers of my hair. In rinsing my conditioner I rinse the scalp part thoroughly but I leave at least 40% of the conditioner at the tip.
Visit my online store: WHITE ANGEL BEAUTY SUPPLY for salon tested and approved shampoo, conditioner and hair treatments at DISTRIBUTORS PRICE.
Hairdressing:The Foundation by: Leo Palladino
Today a good friend of mine will tie the knot. For a fashionista like me this means a semi formal outfit thus, a dress and a good simple yet elegant make-up to match it with. I recently bought a dress from a friend’s garage sale-a red knee high length dress. This is my favorite semi formal dress these days.
Today I choose to do a “no make-up look” make-up or better known as “natural look.” This means a brown and natural color eyeshadow. And a very clean and smooth base foundation.
My make-up steps today:
First, I wash my face with my PONDS facial wash
Then, I evenly put my make-up base a B.B, cream with SPF which i recently bought from La Core Salon in Davao (a korean base salon)
Next I put on my TRANSLUCENT foundation SKIN 79 B.B. powder, which at first will appear very pale in my skin but in time it will eventually blend in to my skin tone, this also I bought from La Core recently and I’m loving it since then. So, my advice to you girls who are also using or will use a translucent kind of powder do your make-up at least an hour or two prior to the event your going to.
Using the LOREAL matt dark brown shade and an eyebrow brush I draw a half moon semi curve and traced my already shaped eyebrows.
I applied a light LOREAL eyeshadow that will serve as my eyeshadow base. Then a peach color shadow all over my eyelid. Then I choose a medium brown shimmery shadow to the crease of my eyelid and blended it. This technique is also known as the half moon technique. This gives an illusion of a deep seated eyes.
Then my MAC black eye liner that will make my eyes look small.
Then my MAC BRONZER as my blush. I smiled and located the apples of my cheeks then from the edge of my ears in wards I lightly stroked my BODY SHOP BRUSH. To give a smaller face illusion I put a light stroke of blush at the edge of my cheek bones.
To match with my little red dress I put on a MAYBELLINE Water Shine Pure BLOODY RED shade lipsticks.
To finish my look for the wedding I curled my lashes then put on my MAYBELLINE waterproof BLACK MASCARA.
And oh before I forget I sprayed by Make-up FIXER- ETUDE HOUSE which allows my make-up to LAST longer and gives my face a fresh feeling.
Of course with my make-up done I needed to fix my hair also. I was running late so I sort of harassed my ENVY ME SALON staff at Robinsons to do my hair quickly (hehehehehe) In order for me to finish in time they did my hair STRAIGHT. And here is the RESULT!!!
My friend Elaine Panlaque met me at Envy Me Salon Robinsons and we also fetched Eireen and Kath. Before arriving to the church Elaine told me the tragic news that the mother of the groom pass away last night. OH NO!!! I was so sad for my friend Fenella because your wedding day suppose to be the happiest day of your life. But it was her mother-in-law’s last wish that the wedding should go on, and so they did. We arrived at the church just in time and I felt the tension and mixed emotions of the people around. We don’t know what to feel either be very happy for the PERFECT couple or feel SYMPATHY. But they both handled it well and was composed all through out the ceremony. The crying started at the end when the newly weds came to thank their witnesses.
The reception followed and it was also handled well and quickly but completely. I even got the bouquet (hehehehehe) I tried my best to hide from the bride when she was roll calling 5 of her single friends but to no use. The MC made us pick 5 small bouquet and sadly I got the ONE! hehehehe I went along with the game for FUN. The game didn’t took long. At the reception we all flock in the PHOTO BOTH that the couple provided. They provided hats, masked, wigs and wacky shades. We all were cam whoring and had FUN posing. This is a new and a great way of giving wedding give aways. Photo Booth was from FOTOPIMP.
I also met my friend and fellow blogger JINKY BORELA who is also the cousin of the grooms mother.
For the couple FENELLA and BUNSOY congratulations and BEST WISHES!!.. GOD has his plan and though you do not understand his reasons TODAY in the future you look back to this event and will realize that this fitted perfectly in GOD’s perfect PLAN for you both… you are PERFECT for each other, just LOVE one another UNCONDITIONALLY.. and FEN, I’m always here- WE are always here for you…
Royale Beauty Products
Check out my Beauty Catalogue (salon tested & salon approved hair products)Beauty Catalogue!