FANNY SERRANO TRUE LIGHT is a very innovative product by the make up guru FANNY. This LIQUID LIPSTICK, true to it’s name TRUE LIGHT has two LED LIGHTS that will automatically turn on once you open the LIPSTICK case.
And not just that it also comes with small MIRROR. LIGHT & MIRROR are the two essential things every lady needs when retouching her LIPSTICK whether she is in a restaurant, ladies room or evening party. Now we have everything we need in a compact and handy designed product.
The illuminating cap is designed to be used in dim light places while the attached mirror makes retouching a breeze. This LIQUID LIPSTICK gives your lips a layer of color and glossy shine.
You can choose from the 8 shades TRUE LIGHT have.
This LIQUID LIPSTICK is a wise buy and every KIKAY must have their very own FANNY SERRANO TRUE LIGHT.
For a very affordable price of P320 you can buy FANNY SERRANO TRUE LIGHT in any NATASHA distributor outlets.
I was introduced to FANNY SERRANO COSMETICS during the LOOK & LEARN MAKE-UP SEMINAR with FANNY SERRANO by NATASHA. Fanny used his cosmetic line in doing the make-up of his models during the seminar.
I had a close look experience on how to use FANNY SERRANO products by no other than FANNY SERRANO himself.
FANNY SERRANO CONCEALERS are “magnetically magical.” Magnetic because Fanny said it’s function is make the foundation or powder attach to the skin and clings on to it just like magnets. And of course it gives total coverage to blemished skin. Plus it has vitamin E, UV protection and oil-control.During the seminar Fanny picked ladies among the participants with different skin color to the stage to teach what shade of concealer fit their skin tone. I was luckily one of them. FANNY SERRANO CONCEALERS have three (3) available shades: SAND, WALNUT and CHESTNUT. For my skin tone a combination of SAND and WALNUT compliments my skin perfectly. (PHOTO SOURCE)
After the seminar I bought my very own FANNY SERRANO CONCEALERS. Of course SAND and WALNUT shades it is way more affordable than the usual make-up I buy and this make me wear a big grin. And ALAS when I started using it I discovered something more to love about this product. It has a sweet scent.
I love this product for multiple reasons. It is very thin (you can hardly feel it), very affordable (less than P300 each), blends really well to skin, has no oily feel, easily spreads (it is just like putting on lotion), do not dry up easily, very accessible to buy in all NATASHA dealers and it’s hip and modern packaging.
I’m not done yet. It’s also MAGICAL why? it is WATER PROOF!!! FANNY SERRANO after putting on concealer and cake foundation sprays his models face with WATER then wipe it out with facial tissue. Then shows us the damp facial tissue that has no trace of make-up not even a tiny bit.
FANNY SERRANO COSMETICS review 9 out out 10.
I joined the LOOK & LEARN MAKE-UP SEMINAR of FANNY SERRANO by NATASHA last July 21, 2010. I learned a lot of MAKE-UP TIPS from the guru himself FANNY SERRANO. Armed with my Lumix lx3 camera, pen and notebook I wrote all the TIPS and “trade secret” FANNY SERRANO shared and took pictures as well.
For me as a Make-up Artist wannabe I try to absorb and gather all the tips I can get to improve my “craft.” And of all the new things I learned I want to spread and share them with you.
Tools I saw FANNY SERRANO used and he said you must have are:
- candy, mint, bubble gum
- hand sanitizer
- facial tissue
- wet ones
- cotton buds
- johnsons baby oil
- water gun
- head band
- gown (like malong for client that will use tube top gown to cover their neck with make-up as well)
- brush set
- sponge (Fanny uses SEA WEED sponge)
MIX MAKE-UP TIPS I gathered from FANNY SERRANO.
- Practice, practice, practice – Fanny Serrano when he was just starting he shared that he used to practice in a piece of paper stick on the wall and he draw eyes, eyebrows and nose then imagine that it is the face of the client. Make-up artist are like painters but their canvass are faces.
- Exercise your hands – to make it flexible, light and soft. Like pianist they warm their fingers up to make it flexible and soft.
- Hand Sanitizer – alcohol can make your hands dry according to Fanny. Before he always use alcohol to clean his hands as a result it’s dry and looks older than the other skin of his body.
- Know your client – you must also know a little about your client her lifestyle and the way she presents herself so that your make-up will compliment her perfectly.
- SPEED – respect your clients time. They have parties, shows, and weddings to attend to. Compute the time allowance you do the make-up and the time your client suppose to arrive to the party or wedding.
- Blending – make-up is all about blending. Different colors must not have any demarkation line. Color should compliment each other.
- BRUSHES – invest on good quality brush set
- CONTOUR – contour using foundation NOT blush
- CLEAN – clean foundation remnants brush eyebrows before drawing with the eyebrow pencil. Make sure brushes are always clean.
- TEST – try the eyeshadow at the back of your palm first. Painter use palette to mix paint color MUA use the back of their palm.
- Put concealer and foundation up until hair line, ears, neck and side of nose
- Use old angled brush to put mascarra to the base of the eyelash
- If eyes get teary use cotton buds to release the tears.
- After putting on eyebrow pencil brush it to eliminate pencil look
- Sharpen eyebrow pencil shaped like chisel so that it’s thin and wider
- Use colorless mascarra to stroke eyebrow hair
- In putting make-up start small and then just add bit by bit. It is better to add than erase a make-up.
- Learn and find a great concealer and foundation that will fit you or your client perfectly. Eyeshadows go for any color
- Put eyeliner starting from the outer corner of eyelid
- Put gloss at the center of lips only
- Focus on cheek bones to lift sagging looking face.
FANNY SERRANO “MAGNET” CONCEALER is WATER PROOF He sprays water after putting on concealer and cake foundation to have a fresh looking face. (see my post review on FANNY SERRANO CONCEALER HERE)
July 21, 2010 A look & learn MAKE-UP seminar with FANNY SERRANO was conducted by NATASHA at Paseo del Sol. Make-up artist, Hairstylist and Salon owners from all over Socsargen gathered to learn and improve their crafts.
The look & learn make-up seminar started around 1:30 in the afternoon. FANNY SERRANO one of the Philippines Beauty guru and TOP make-up artist spend his time to share and teach us his “trade secrets.” FANNY SERRANO does make-up for the MEGA star SHARON CUNETA, KC CONCEPTION and LORNA TOLENTINO among others.
FANNY SERRANO now has his own line of make-up and it is carried and sold by NATASHA and is also available in all SM Department stores. FANNY SERRANO make-up line is not only sold here in the Philippines but Internationally as well. An Internationally competitive make-up line product but sold in a very Filipino friendly price is what FANNY SERRANO envisioned and so he did.
Backed up by his 45 years of experience in the beauty and make-up industry FANNY SERRANO intricately made his make-up line. Finding a great chemist that can deliver my demands and needs for the perfect make-up combination was very hard and crucial, Fanny said. But eventually he found one.
FANNY SERRANO did a step by step make-up for 3 lady models and 1 man. First he did a day time bridal wedding make-up, then a evening make up and a smokey eyes make-up. He’s hands works really fast but he slowed it down for us to see and learn step by step. He also made sure that the camera man focuses on the right angle so that participants from the back can see. He did all the talking and the whole 4 plus hours was not boring.
He made us laugh I over heard someone saying, “FUNNY talaga si FANNY.” He also shared his experiences as a make-up artist and salon owner and also even shared tips and advices to run our salon business. What made the crowed silent was when he honestly and with out holding anything back told the “gay” of the BAD practices in the salons and that they must CHANGE. I felt the tension in the crowed and that it struck them in a way. He also gave them advices on how to take care of their finances and that they must not give all their money to their “papa” or “boyfriends.” But then again he quickly changed the mood and throw punch lines here and there that made the crowd burst into laughter.
In the end we were given certificates signed by FANNY SERRANO and NATASHA branch managers.
To discuss further the things I learned, I will do a separate post on all the MAKE-UP tips I gathered from this LOOK & LEARN MAKE-UP SEMINAR by FANNY SERRANO.
Royale Beauty Products
Check out my Beauty Catalogue (salon tested & salon approved hair products)Beauty Catalogue!