Recently I came across a TIP from my iphone application about make-up CONCEALERS.
Here are some of them:
- For a natural look, apply CONCEALER after you’ve applied foundation. This way you don’t end up applying too much, since your foundation will cover most of the discolorations first.
- To get a perfect match every time, mix a drop of your foundation into your CONCEALER before applying
- Apply a touch of loose powder into your CONCEALER before applying it. This will keep it from creasing later in the day. You’ll find you’ll also need less product.
- For dark blue under eyes circles, make sure your CONCEALER is on the peach side, to calm down blue tones.
- For gray under eye circles, make sure your CONCEALER is on the pink side, to calm down gray.
- Too creamy CONCEALER? apply it with the tips of your fingers so that the heat of your hand melts the product
- Double darkness under your eyes? do a double application, take your CONCEALER and apply lightly, then a layer of foundation, then a layer of concealer on top of that.
- Press with kleenex to press out extra oils of the the CONCEALER and then put powder.
Here’s my before and after look using my MAC CONCEALER and MAYBELLINE MINERAL FOUNDATION. I use tip #3 I apply a touch of MAYBELLINE MINERAL FOUNDATION into my MAC CONCEALER before I apply it.
Love your Face,
Here are tips I gathered from anywhere everywhere and my iphone APS!!
- Drinking plenty of water with lemon or cranberry juice will pump your skin and adds glow (hmmmmm ma try ko nga ito, kayo din)
- Don’t get a pedicure if you have any cuts or infections, don’t risk further irritating or self infecting yourself!! (TRUE let the cut heal muna ha!!)
- Don’t hesitate to leave a spa if it’s not CLEAN! (TAMA!! paano naman ang hygiene??)
- To avoid breaking your nails, do not file your nails just after you have washed your hands. (ako, I DO NOT file!!! ngilngig kaayo oi!!!)
- Acne is a sign that something is wrong with the body, and unless you do something about it now you may get other health problems later in life. (hala!! I didn’t know this go na sa DERMA!! go go)
- Make sure to get a professional and deep conditioning hair treatment once in a while: RESULTS GUARANTEED!! (eto suggestion go to HAIRS & NAILS SALON or ENVY ME SALON, hehehehehe nag plug ako noh??)
- Vitamin C is an antioxidant stimulating your skin’s production of collagen and elastin fibers, making it frimer and more elastic (note to myself: don’t forget to take your VIT. C daming naka stock sa medicine cabinet mo oh!!!)
- To prevent split ends, give your hair a break once in a while and let it just dry naturally. (TAMA!! blowdrying and ironing everyday can cause split ends give your hair a rest din naman!)
- Get gorgeous lashes all day by heating up an eyelash curler with a blow dryer, then carefully crimp your lashes twice, in the middle then near the end (na try ko na ito CAUTION lang careful kasi un nga medyo mainit ung eyelash curler avoid ma touch sa skin maka paso!! hehehehehe)
- Avoid rubbing hair with a towel, as this creates split ends and frizziness. (dry your hair na prang naga dry ka ng laundry hehehehe wag i rub)
- Mineral makeup is the safest because it adheres to the natural oils in a person’s skin and doesn’t seep into the pores. (kaya nga mag try na ako ng mineral make-up i bought maybelline mineral kahapon, hehehehehe)
- Spray your hairbrush with perfume so your hair will smell great all day long! (ma try ko nga din ito hehehehe )
- Thick, coarse hair that does not need additional volume can benefit from using a PADDLE BRUSH because it can create a smooth look and style. (ako I have thick hair and I’m using a PADDLE BRUSH sarap sa scalp and mabilis ako matapos mag brush ng hair)
- To avoid infections, bring your own tools to the salon. (this is true may regular customer kami sa HAIRS & NAILS na naga dala din talaga sya)
Did you learn something?? I learned a lot let’s LEARN together wohhhooooo. More tips to come.
TIPS brought to you by: AMAZING TIPS 4200 (iphone APPS)
Today a good friend of mine will tie the knot. For a fashionista like me this means a semi formal outfit thus, a dress and a good simple yet elegant make-up to match it with. I recently bought a dress from a friend’s garage sale-a red knee high length dress. This is my favorite semi formal dress these days.
Today I choose to do a “no make-up look” make-up or better known as “natural look.” This means a brown and natural color eyeshadow. And a very clean and smooth base foundation.
My make-up steps today:
First, I wash my face with my PONDS facial wash
Then, I evenly put my make-up base a B.B, cream with SPF which i recently bought from La Core Salon in Davao (a korean base salon)
Next I put on my TRANSLUCENT foundation SKIN 79 B.B. powder, which at first will appear very pale in my skin but in time it will eventually blend in to my skin tone, this also I bought from La Core recently and I’m loving it since then. So, my advice to you girls who are also using or will use a translucent kind of powder do your make-up at least an hour or two prior to the event your going to.
Using the LOREAL matt dark brown shade and an eyebrow brush I draw a half moon semi curve and traced my already shaped eyebrows.
I applied a light LOREAL eyeshadow that will serve as my eyeshadow base. Then a peach color shadow all over my eyelid. Then I choose a medium brown shimmery shadow to the crease of my eyelid and blended it. This technique is also known as the half moon technique. This gives an illusion of a deep seated eyes.
Then my MAC black eye liner that will make my eyes look small.
Then my MAC BRONZER as my blush. I smiled and located the apples of my cheeks then from the edge of my ears in wards I lightly stroked my BODY SHOP BRUSH. To give a smaller face illusion I put a light stroke of blush at the edge of my cheek bones.
To match with my little red dress I put on a MAYBELLINE Water Shine Pure BLOODY RED shade lipsticks.
To finish my look for the wedding I curled my lashes then put on my MAYBELLINE waterproof BLACK MASCARA.
And oh before I forget I sprayed by Make-up FIXER- ETUDE HOUSE which allows my make-up to LAST longer and gives my face a fresh feeling.
Of course with my make-up done I needed to fix my hair also. I was running late so I sort of harassed my ENVY ME SALON staff at Robinsons to do my hair quickly (hehehehehe) In order for me to finish in time they did my hair STRAIGHT. And here is the RESULT!!!
My friend Elaine Panlaque met me at Envy Me Salon Robinsons and we also fetched Eireen and Kath. Before arriving to the church Elaine told me the tragic news that the mother of the groom pass away last night. OH NO!!! I was so sad for my friend Fenella because your wedding day suppose to be the happiest day of your life. But it was her mother-in-law’s last wish that the wedding should go on, and so they did. We arrived at the church just in time and I felt the tension and mixed emotions of the people around. We don’t know what to feel either be very happy for the PERFECT couple or feel SYMPATHY. But they both handled it well and was composed all through out the ceremony. The crying started at the end when the newly weds came to thank their witnesses.
The reception followed and it was also handled well and quickly but completely. I even got the bouquet (hehehehehe) I tried my best to hide from the bride when she was roll calling 5 of her single friends but to no use. The MC made us pick 5 small bouquet and sadly I got the ONE! hehehehe I went along with the game for FUN. The game didn’t took long. At the reception we all flock in the PHOTO BOTH that the couple provided. They provided hats, masked, wigs and wacky shades. We all were cam whoring and had FUN posing. This is a new and a great way of giving wedding give aways. Photo Booth was from FOTOPIMP.
I also met my friend and fellow blogger JINKY BORELA who is also the cousin of the grooms mother.
For the couple FENELLA and BUNSOY congratulations and BEST WISHES!!.. GOD has his plan and though you do not understand his reasons TODAY in the future you look back to this event and will realize that this fitted perfectly in GOD’s perfect PLAN for you both… you are PERFECT for each other, just LOVE one another UNCONDITIONALLY.. and FEN, I’m always here- WE are always here for you…
A wrong impression of make-up is that it makes girls or woman look unnatural or that it makes them look different. If your impression for make-up is still like this then you haven’t seen a true and simple make-up maybe your image for make-up is that of a clown and that of a beauty pageant.
Make-up has a lot of categories. The first category I’m going to share is the EVERYDAY SIMPLE MAKE-UP. Here it goes
First, clean and wash your face. A dirty face is a NO no girls. Wash your face with your favorite facial wash (for me I’m hiyang with PONDS)
Second, put on a good make up base. Im saying a make-up base but I’m not referring to professional make-up base. For me, I use my facial moisturizer as my make-up base. I also use a moisturizer with a sunblock.
Third, Foundation or powder look and shop around girls every department store in town has a make up section and all of them have ladies who can help you find the perfect foundation for your skin tone. In shopping for one NEVER try it in your hands because the skin tone in your hands is totally different form your face. Go see it for your self (look at the mirror and see the difference)
Fourth, Some days I put eyeshadow in other days I don’t. I just go with the flow of what i feel. So the fourth step for me is the eyeliner. I have a big eyes so I put black liner.
Fifth, BLUSH!!! for my everyday use I use a BRONZER as my blush I like the effect of my bronzer to my cheeks. In putting on blush you have to SMILE then look for the apple of your cheeks. Now do not put on BLUSH in CIRCULAR motion you are NOT a CLOWN!! the motion should be “out to in” from the edge of your ears to the apple of your cheeks. Now for me since i have a round face i put blush underneath my cheekbones to give an illusion dimension of a smaller face.
Sixth, Lipstick I choose a shade that is near to my lips color so that it will appear natural and just have that shimmery look like that of a gloss. In putting on lipstick start at the edge of your lips inwards. If you smudge or exceed your lips just wipe it away.
Seven and the last for my simple make up process I put on Mascara. Curl your lashes and then to complete your make-up slash on a mascara.
(photo by Joyce Mariscal)
This is a BLOG that will be dedicated to the authors “kakikayan.” The author of this blog is a self proclaimed fashionista, a learning make-up artist, a salon owner & manager, a young business woman, a traveller, a daughter, a sister and a very good friend. I will talk about the latest fashion trends in hair styles, make-up and outfits.
I will try my very best to update this blog if not everyday at least 3x a week (crossing my fingers!!). I will blog about the things that I LOVE about fashion. This will not always coincide with what everyone else’s but hey this is my blog and my space in the blogosphere (hehehehehe)
So, KIKAYMUCH?? yes definitely I AM!! and I’m proud of it. Every girl has their “kikay” side whether they like it or not. As a girl or a woman it is innate in our beautiful nature to be “kikay” in every way possible. It may not alyways reflect on our outfits but I know this always shows one way or another.
So, come with me in this journey of “KAKIKAYAN” girls..
Royale Beauty Products
Check out my Beauty Catalogue (salon tested & salon approved hair products)Beauty Catalogue!